It has come to my attention recently that my favorite TV show characters are always the ones who are the most awkward. I think it’s really important to realize that these girls are NOT awkward. They are BADASSES. Case in point: Sue Heck, from ABC’s The Middle.
This is one of my favorite shows in the entire world. It’s actually the funniest show ever, not only because of the amazing characters and incredibly accurate nature of everything that happens on the whole show, but because Sue Heck is the greatest character on primetime television.
1) She understands the third wheel feels.
4) She can turn any insult into a positive.
5) She is proud to work, and she can work a uniform.
6) She isn’t afraid to ugly cry in public.
7) She’s still not afraid to be the best dancer in the room.
8) She understands real female problems.
9) She is an artist and a poet.
10) She, like every teenage girl, contemplates getting a tattoo.
11) She knows how to win the hearts of men.
12) She’s amazing at Dance Dance Revolution.
13) Sue is great at swinging.
14) She knows that she’s no Kardashian.
15) She’s a cautious driver.
16) She takes amazing yearbook photos.
17) Her family really believes in her.
18) She’s a genius with words.
19) She’s great at pretending she cares.
20) And finally…